Many people let fears of being stranded at the office or being unable to respond to a family emergency keep them from taking advantage of sustainable commuting options. With the A Better City TMA Guaranteed Ride Home program, we provide you with up to six free cab rides home a year in case of an emergency.
Who Is Eligible?
Any employee or tenant of an A Better City TMA member company member company who is currently using public transit, carpool, vanpool, walking or biking to work at least three days a week or more is eligible to join.
How does the program work?
- The Guaranteed Ride Home provides you with of up to six FREE rides per year for a qualifying emergency.
- Once you register you will receive an electronic voucher detailing rules and regulations and the number of our service provider, Metro Cab.
- When an emergency arises, call Metro Cab directly at 617-782-5500. A Better City TMA will cover all costs for your trip including gas, tolls, and gratuity with no distance limits!
- Upon completion of your ride simply submit your confirmation report and a new voucher will be issued to you.
GRH program participants are now able to use Uber, Lyft, or another cab company in addition to Metro Cab to get home in an emergency. Users seeking an alternative service provider will pay for their ride up-front and then can submit a claim for reimbursement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it works
- You must be already registered in the Guaranteed Ride Home program to take a ride. Upon approval of your Guaranteed Ride Home registration, you will still receive a voucher generated by our website and accessible through your account.
- When you need a ride, you will no longer be required to call Metro Cab predetermined vendor. Use any ride service you wish to get home.
- Once you have taken your ride, make sure to submit a confirmation report about your ride on our website.
- If you take a ride with a provider other than Metro Cab, submit the receipt for your ride to us via email (email@example.com)
- Once we have approved your confirmation report we will process your receipt for reimbursement and/or issue you a new voucher. No new voucher or reimbursement will be issued until we receive the confirmation report and it is approved.
- All program participants will still receive a maximum of six vouchers per year
QUALIFIED USAGE OF THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Mandated, unscheduled overtime
- Emergency for you or someone you care for
- Illness for yourself or someone you care for
- Unexpected change to your carpool or vanpool schedule or damage to your bicycle preventing you to use it to get home
Unqualified USAGE OF THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Travel from home to work
- Voluntary overtime or "catching up" after work
- Inclement weather or city/state/national emergencies
- MBTA service failure
- For a ride home following out of work time celebrations
- Scheduled meetings, scheduled overtime, or events taking place after normal business hours
- Building evacuations
Tips for a smooth ride
- Submit a confirmation report after each usage in order to receive your new travel voucher. New vouchers can take up to two business days to receive following the submittal of a confirmation report. A Better City TMA operates on a 9am to 5pm, Mon-Fri schedule; we are not able to assist you if you need your voucher number outside of this time frame.
- Register before an emergency arises! Registration can take up to five business days to process. If you wait until there is an actual emergency we may not be able to assist you. A Better City TMA does not reimburse participants who have paid their own cab fare prior to program registration.
How do I sign up?
Signing up is easy! Simply log on to your commuter account and visit the “Program Registration” tab on your dashboard. Complete the registration form and you are ready to go!